Sunday, October 21

A nice building


The Hague is full of very nice buildings. This is the Nutshuis, originally the HQ of the Nutsspaarbank (1921 to 1992). This bank, set up in 1818 played a big role in the social history of The Hague as all profits were redistributed to finance all kinds of social projects (living, education, culture). It was part of the important foundation that now named Fonds 1818. The building itself still houses different social and cultural foundations and is home to many social and cultural events.

4 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

HI!!!
:) just so wonderfull to see your photography of my bloved town The Hague, did you know (of course you didn't) that I once worked for the same name bank ? The Nutsspaarbank in Utrecht, not in tThe Hague, cute ehhh?

HI!:) Missing you & your blog,
I am back from my short trip to Soth of Italy, thanks for 'not forgetting me' I postes an overview of picturesfrom my holiday , soon more... Have a great sunday!!!

Greetings JoAnn

Marie said...

I like the architecture of Dutch cities (and Belgian ones too). Very elaborate and beautiful.

don said...

lezard . . .I'm it, and I'm tagging you. For more information on how to play, go to http://everydayrotterdam.blogspot.com

smilnsigh said...

An impressive building!

Mari-Nanci
Photos-City-Mine